Tuesday, July 11, 2006










Music and Perfume! Perfume and Music!

I picked up a delightful CD in a Starbucks en route to performing hair miracles this past Saturday. Starbucks has become a convenient venue for talented performers' CD's.


Here's what I bought:
THE LITTLE WILLIES
Norah Jones is the featured singer in this group that includes Lee Alexander (bass), Jim Campilongo (electric guitar), Richard Julian (Also vocals as well as guitar), Dan Reiser (Drums).

Norah Jones had me sighing in total satisfaction as I listened to LOVE ME written by Leiber and Stoller and made immortal by Elvis Presley. In her rendition of the song, Norah Jones' musical entreaty is positively sinuous.

The King would be well pleased.

My favorite vocal by Ms Jones in this CD is It's Not You It's Me by Richard Julian and Ashley Monroe. This song's a melodic country/jazzy lament. Ms. Jones' delicious vocal purity is matched only by her subtle lyrical interpretation.

No comments: