Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hydrosols, Nature's Fountain of Youth and Healing


Every skin care treatment I perform uses hydrosols. These precious liquid by-products of steam distillation are the gentlest, most affirmative botanical toners available to us. these liquids are the result of the water used create essential oils. The steam from the process is re-directed into a collection vessel and can be used to tone the skin.

I never dilute or adulterate my hydrosols. Depending upon the time of year, we can select from a variety of toning hydrosols.

This time of year, I am using Jasmine and Rose Hydrosols. These divinely fragrant waters refresh the skin while providing a sweet burst of nectar scented liquid. The skin accepts and absorbs these toners with no sensitivity and no extra load of preservatives or chemicals.

My Bulgarian And Indian Rose Hydrosols calm over-heated skin while assisting in easing red and inflamed flushing.

I use my Jasmine Hydrosol, - in addition to its glorious aroma - for its ability to soothe mature, over-exposed complexions. There is truly nothing more luxurious feeling than the sensation of being drenched in Jasmine!

Other Hydrosols I use for my skin care services include
  • Lavender (Anti-inflammatory, soothing, calming)
  • Rosemary (Stimulating, cleansing, detoxifying)
  • Rose Geranium (Mature conditions, Rosacea)
  • Calendula (broken skin, lesions)

No comments: